We invite you to join our play therapy community and gain all the benefits of the national branch plus the your local WA branch. Click Here to Join Us By Becoming a Member Today!
Washington Association for Play Therapy (WAAPT) is a branch of the national Association for Play Therapy (APT). When you become a member of APT, you can choose to automatically become a member of the Washington State branch.
National and Statewide Benefits:
- Subscription to the Semi-Annual Journal, The International Journal for Play Therapy featuring original play therapy research, case studies, theoretical applications, and current practices.
- Subscription to weekly Member Flash to learn about important play therapy and APT news.
- Subscription to quarterly Mining Reports regarding larger trends, best practices, or the most current wisdom on specific topics.
- Subscription to quarterly Play Therapy MagazineTM featuring news, clinical articles, editorials, a leadership directory, advertisements, and information
- Membership Directory and Listing on “Find A Play Therapist” on the WAAPT website and on the APT website
- Reduced prices at the Annual International Conference and WAAPT sponsored conferences
- FREE professional liability and business office insurance quote via TRMS
- Distance Learning via the APT website and opportunity to earn APT-Approved CEs
- REDUCED FEE to register for the Annual Conference at which attendees network with and recognize the achievements of their colleagues and earn play therapy continuing education credit for licensure and play therapy credentialing purposes.
- Opportunity to Receive Professional Credentialing: RPT and RPT-S and discounted rate to apply for or renewal the Registered Play Therapist (RPT) and Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor credentials which help consumers identify those licensed or certified mental health professionals with specialized play therapy training and supervision.
- REDUCED PRICE for rental cars at Hertz, (800) 654-2210. Use code CDP 1774872 to identify yourself as an APT member.
- Opportunities to gain resources and connect with other Play Therapists across the country through the APT Listserve
Statewide Benefits, WAAPT
- Networking gatherings in the Seattle and Spokane area, including FREE APT-Approved CEs for members only
- Discounted rates to register for WAAPT sponsored trainings and events
- E-Newsletter with play therapy tips, events and updates
- Join and meet your local community of play therapists!