Join WAAPT for the 2019 WA-APT Annual Conference in Seattle, WA.
EARLY BIRD DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 22ND.
Keynote Dr. Green presents Jungian Play Therapy: Guiding Children Toward the Undefended Heart
March 23rd and 24th from 8:30am-4:30pm
More info Here!!!
It’s that time of year! Time for the Washington Association for Play Therapy to elect new Board Members. Serving on the Washington Association for Play Therapy Board has many benefits - interact with fellow Play Therapists committed to the mission of WA4PT, shape the future of our organization, plan events, and gain free admission to WA4PT conferences and events. Please see below for a list of open positions. Email your name, a brief introduction about who you are and how to see yourself making a contribution to the Washington Association for Play Therapy. You can specify a position you see yourself in, or just that you want to be a part of our amazing team and we can place you wherever there is a need.
- President-Elect - This is a three year term - one year as President-Elect, one as President, one as Past-President.
- Treasurer - This is a two year term.
- Eastern WA Networking Chair - one year
- Eastern WA Committee Chair - one year
- Western WA Networking Chair - one year
- Western WA Committee Chair - one year
- Newsletter Committee - one year
- Director of Social Media - one year
- Membership Director - one year
- Student Representative - one year; must be a current graduate student
As the Washington Branch of the Association of Play Therapy we believe in the use of play therapy as a profound medium for healing and change. Our purpose is to share our passion for play with professionals and the community through education and research. This website will provide you with information about our organization, educational advancement, play therapists in the community and play therapy resources. Please search through this site and enjoy the power of play!
WAAPT Mission Statement
The mission of the Washington State Association for Play Therapy is to advance the psychosocial development and mental health of all people in all nations through play and play therapy by promoting the understanding of play therapy, providing effective practice through training and research, maintaining professional development and preserving diversity.
Join our mailing list!